Thursday, December 6, 2012

GOLF.com RSS Feed:

GOLF.com RSS Feed
Dec 6th 2012, 19:08

Schwartzel leads after opening round in Thailand

CHON BURI, Thailand (AP) - Seeking his first victory since winning the 2011 Masters, Charl Schwartzel shot a 7-under 65 Thursday to take a one-stroke lead after the first round of the Thailand Golf Championship.

The South African made seven birdies in a bogey-free round at the Amata Spring Country Club, four coming in the opening seven holes, to hold a one-shot advantage over Thitiphun Chuayprakong.

``I'm very happy with the way my game has started getting back,'' Schwartzel said. ``Last month and a half, I've been able to start working on my swing again and getting my swing back to what it was a year or so ago.

``My consistency is coming back, and that to me is key.''

Third-ranked Bubba Watson (68) had an eagle and six birdies to sit... Read More

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments:

Post a Comment